Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:11 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

That was way two eassy wich concerned her but she did not have time to relax or ask questions as the ship was starting to land. She had never been in a ship as it landed and she did not know how well the crew could land it. She had however seen a few land and not all were good landings.

As ordered she found a place to sit down and found something to hang on to. Her claws may have left marks in the floor as she oviously had a problem with letting the ship land. When it was over she was glad it was a smooth. She however was not going to try her luck on it taking back off. She switched forms and left as soon as she could.  Than got out of town so she can finish what she came to do.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:35 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

"Nothing comes for free. That's how the world works. Just carrying an extra person costs fuel, and fuel for an airship isn't cheap. It's basic economics, everything ultimately costs something: time, resources, effort." She didn't react when the dragon began accusing her crew for her injuries. As far as Shiloh knew, neither Galatea of Euripides had injured the dragon and had followed orders. If she had a nasty run-in with the local fauna, then that was her fault for coming to Bakulaw. It seemed the other was picking up the rules of the game finally. Information was the only thing left she could offer, and beasts didn't like being caged. If she wanted to get off, she'd figure out a way to pay her fare. 

As the dragon gave her name and background, the deity took care not to miss a word. While the other spoke, she was reading the dragon's body language to spot any instances of falsehood in her exchange. She revealed a great deal about herself, from her name to her upbringing, to her place of origin. Next came a list of her talents, then her next of kin and their descriptions. A few important key points were brought up–namely the part of her mother being a wanted woman in that den of scum and vil–er, Vilpamolan. So there was this 'Vinsue' and 'Silvertail'. Odd how Aqua Aura had Silvertail as her surname but her mother did not have a first name. Tactful omission, perhaps? The summary was simple: her mother, a sister, and possibly an aunt; native to the pirate den on the southeastern Canelux coast. Her family had certain elemental affinities, while her mother and her 'aunt' had the same powers as well. In fact she said they had the exact same elemental powers. Not a very good attempt at misdirection, but Shiloh's poker face prevented any of that being given away.

When the information had been exchanged, the captain pulled out the small book and penned something down in shorthand. "…Perfect. Consider your fare paid in full. You'll be allowed to walk off as you please once we land." The Clephsydra began to shake a bit, then stabilize as it decreased its altitude. Over the speakers, a voice unfamiliar to Aqua announced loudly: "Attention all crew members and staff, we are approaching the Bakulaw coastal outpost. We are beginning our descent. Those who are in the passengers' lounge and cabins are to remain seated until landing is complete. Our estimated time until arrival is fifteen minutes, we're almost there!"  Soon the dragon would be able to leave, with no strings attached. The landing was smooth, and once the ship was docked the crew began moving around to do maintenance. The door leading outside was opened, and Shiloh left to attend to matters elsewhere. All things considered, they could have been worse. She was alive, and the wounds would heal. The outpost was by the coast, and was relatively busy. Mostly founded by researchers, it wasn't like trade ships were coming in every day but it was much larger than a village. Perhaps her string of misfortunes would finally be over.

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:40 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

She frowned in return. I mean what did she expected. Its not like she was a nobble asking for a ride from one kingdom to another. No she was a simple injured dragon in human skin. Yes dragons usually had hords but she was still young and only left home to track down her sister. She was even dressed like the pore. "What makes it me thats in debt? Your men is the reason I was hurt in the first place. Your men and the sky fire they set off is the reason i was injured. And injurie was the reason i got on here insted of tracking like i would prefer to be doing." She finally accused. Since her offers were rejected bargaining down the price was the best she could do even if she did anger the captain. She actually did not see her need to to pay as they almost killed her.She wanted info? Was that truly all she wanted? Aqua tilted her head with a questioning look for a split second before starting it up again. " If thats all you want i must say you may be disappointed. My name is Aqua Aura Silvertail. Dragon born and raised. I can switch forms for a few hours at most. Im still young but know the bacis on surviveing, hunting and tracking. As far as twoleggeds know I am a pet of the most wanted person in the port of Pirate Haven with the gift to remember and repeat." She said than dropped her human form. She would need to let her skin rest for a bit if she did not want to turn dragon in town and be hunted like her kind usually was. "Mom is Silvertail. A snow white human with matching hair usually covered by the hood of her robe that looks just like mine without the new blood stain. At least when in human skin like she usually is. She is the most wanted and faired in pirate haven. Now she knows everyone that lives there. Her twin Vinsue is found everywhere ealce as she prefers to travel. Both are galvanizeing and fire experts." She said. Truthfully Vinsue was the same person as silvertail but for safety her name changes with were she was mostly to keep from being tracked.

"My sister Turas adhair is probably the best shape shifter on the planet. Best spy i know to but at the moment I do not know where she is but she is a storm weaver usually found in wolf form but in twolegged form she looks like a captain of a ship just lacking a crew. But thats all the people i know. I mean i know the name and face of every pirate in the haven town but thats it." 

She simply sat down and spread her wings, before closing them and again wanted food. Another thing she lost thanks to the creatures that came because of the sky fire the two attendants shot off.  

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:45 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

Shiloh visibly frowned at the offhand mention of not having any currency on her person. If there was one thing she disliked more than thieves and narcissists, it was freeloaders. Having been in the world of business for a few years, she had come to hate when people took services on credit. Not when they had no other way but to do so, but when they came in unprepared and expected to get a delayed payment on their first time. You had to build up credit and trust before you could pull that one, and even then she only allowed it when she was fully aware of their financial situation. None of this applied to a stranger.

Looking at the dragon, she sighed and pressed a finger to her forehead. "I doubt your offer to work would be of use. You clearly don't have any experience with machines, judging by your behavior. Airships aren't like caravels; if you mess one thing up–you crash. And no, I don't accept messages to collect payments later. I'm running a business here, not a private lending bank. You either pay now, or give up something with a value that matches your dues." The last words the dragon spoke did give her an idea. "You know, there's actually something you can give me other than goods or services. I'm sure it'll be more than enough to pay for your ride…something more valuable than your scales."

Pocketing the book, she crossed her arms and looked at the dragon. "…Information. In exchange for a ride to the Bakulaw outpost, I want the details and names of you and your connections–all of them. From your nearest of kin to your closest acquaintances, and don't skimp on anything. I'm letting you off quite easily, but think of this as your insurance. Tell the truth and you won't regret it later. Lie to my face and I'll see to it you'll wish you never saw me. I have a very good memory, and I ensure all my debts are paid in due time." Information was more valuable than the rarest of metals, and the largest of jewels. Accurate information could be the deciding factor in the fate of an entire enterprise, which stores turned out profit, and who customers placed their trust. This was her form of a background check. If the information proved true, then she knew who to find if someone was skipping out on their payments. And if the information proved false, then she had other ways of cleaning up accounts. There was no mercy for swindlers.

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:27 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

She quickly realized she asked the wrong people her questions eather they were completely clueless of there captains true powers or they were really good at telling lies. Which Aqua did not know but it increased her curiosity. She simply made a disappointed face. "O, She just seamed exciting since she is the only one with a nonmedal smell." She said. When they switched hands she visually shook with the thought of the pain that would go through her if someone removed her hands like that. Her face also turned a slight green like a humans face did if they were sick. But at least the last one had a reasonable answer that did not gross her out. 

She barely started counting when the twins yelled. Instantly she turned ready to protect the kid attendants. She lost the will to fight as she saw it was the captain that had them and realized there voices had disappointment and were yet still playful. Wich indicated that they were not in the danger there screames indicated. Where the captain came from was a mystery that again indicated she was not as human as previously stated. She folded her arms as she watched them leave which meant she could not play witch disapointed her. 

The captain was the scariest thing on the ship and she knew more than what she was there to know. How could be a number of things but it still consurned her. Apparently unkle Archytas had told her of what he saw. She looked out the window as she was talked to only tp look at her when asked for collateral. She looked at the book and knew many of the currency and where it was used.

"Best i can offer is work. I have not had coin since…" she trailed off than shook her head. "It has been over a year since i have had coin. As i have been tracking i have not visited towns and food is more than abundant if you know were to look." She thought for a second. She could sell her scales when she sheads but as damaged as they were the price would not be high enough to pay for board a shading takes forever. "I can deliver a message to anyone anywere. And it will not need to be written down. I just need to see a picture of the person the place they live and the message if that is executable." 

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:19 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

"The captain? Our captain?" "I fear she's rather dull. She's human, obviously. What else?" Shiloh had told the two that she was human, and never told them otherwise. When the dragon asked them what they were, they giggled and looked at each other. "We're attendants! That's what the captain calls us!" "Look~" The sisters held up their hands and turned them in a way that clearly was impossible for a living being. Then they detached them, switched hands, and put them back on. To the last question they began to describe it in gestures. "A gear, a gear? You don't know what that is?" "It's like a metal wheel, but with teeth–they hold onto one another and make things turn!" The three questions now answered, they were preparing to hide themselves when they suddenly let out a yell.

"Hey, hey!" "Aww, no fair~ We were having so much fun!" Shiloh had emerged from hiding and was now holding the two girls up by the back of their clothes in the air. "That's enough you two. Playtime's over." As the two dangled, the one in her left hand asked: "Are you mad at us, captain?" The one on her right added: "We didn't break anything, promise!" Putting them down the deity sighed. "No, I'm not. Now put your hands back on the right way. Even if your parts are the same, you shouldn't mix and match." They then unscrewed their hands and switched them back, and Shiloh checked to see if they were put back on properly. Waving, they ran off leaving the two alone. "So, I see you're awake. In about an hour we'll be dropping you off at the camp. I believe Archytas told you that no one rides on the Clephsydra for free? Since you're here, now's the time to start negotiating payment for your boarding fee."

Pulling out a small book the size of her palm, she flipped it open to a list of global currency conversions. "So, what do you have as collateral?" Looking at the dragon, she stared waiting for an answer.

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:23 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

"I ment the color but thats ok. Names aqua as of my questions there simple. What is your captain? What are you all? And what is a gear?" She asked really curious. As of there captain she had way to much power for a human or anything close to that. She was still curious what a creature with out a heartbeat or medal smell.

After gutting her answers if they answered, she scratched board once again. "Lets play a game of hide and seek. Ill seek first. But you can only hid in places we have seen." She said before going to a wall and closing her eyes and covering them with her hands. 

"1 lizzerd, 2 lizzerd, 3 lizzerd…" she started counting to 25. She did notice the two had an almost rubber like small. And fully was going to use that to her advantage. She half wondered if they would hide together like they do everything ealce.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:43 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

The watched and looked with eager faces. They were however, a bit disappointed at the dragon's idea of a hint. Looks of disinterest passed over their faces, before resuming their usual cheeriness. "A glow, her hair is aglow~ It shines bright yet softly." "An 'Aura' or an 'Aurora'? Or perhaps like a star?" They began to rattle off a list of names, while speaking in circles and cracking wise. "Estelle, Stella–or maybe Elaine?" "Perhaps Lucina, Lumina, or Phoebe?" It was clear that guessing a name based off a vague hint wasn't going to have a high chance of success, but they had already decided that they wouldn't consider that they lost in this case.

The scarabs in the room repositioned themselves as Shiloh wanted a better look at what was going on. So far this dragon had two family members mentioned, a sibling and her mother. However, what was a dragon doing all the way out in Bakulaw? Bakulaw was not a safe haven for anything, not even the native fauna. Basically anywhere else could've been better. Perhaps she had been forced to land, but that would imply the dragon had been desperate. Extremely desperate, as death was around every corner. Her attention returned to the ship when she felt a little turbulence. Maybe they were crossing into a headwind. Having enough of spying on the three in the lounge, she left the room to check on the pilot's cabin. Walking down the corridors she knocked, then entered. The cabin door was locked shortly after.

The pilot's seat was essentially a bunch of instruments built in to measure things like wind direction, fuel capacity, and other important subjects related to flight. An automaton was at the wheel, observing the change in the instruments and the skies outside through the large, reinforced glass panoramic windows. "How much longer until we land, Erasmus?" The deity asked him. A calm mechanical voice with a mild hum to it responded. "I'd say another couple hours, give or take. The winds changed direction so I've moved the ship's path to accommodate. How are things going out there?" Shiloh sighed, but tried not to complain. "Could be better, everything's up and running. Maintenance check will take only less than half an hour as I've already taken a glance over the engines. Cores are stable, and replacement parts won't be seeing use today." 

"Good, good. I admit, this has been the longest flight the Clephsydra has had between two destinations. But there aren't any settlements between Antikythera and this corner of the world to stop at." Came Erasmus' humming. Patting the automaton on the shoulder, Shiloh waved as she went back outside. "Keep up the good work. If you need a break, just ring the bell and I'll take over." Passing by the lounge again, she sank into the shadows and slipped under the door. Moving through the shadows in the passengers' area, the scarabs disappeared. There was no point in keeping them out when she was here in person. Watching the game, she observed from a large pool of shadow. Malinka and Kalinka had been in here for more than an hour, which was unusual. Either they were having fun, or they were causing trouble. Being here would reduce the time needed to intervene if it was the latter–and sometimes the two would mix.

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:58 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

hr started to laugh. She would give a hint as like they said she was not a fairy. She was just amused that they would think she was related to a feathered being. "No way am i related to the anoying fathered creatures." She rankled her nose at the thought. She stopped laughing when they stated she was not a fairy. "You want a hint. Fine look at me and get your hint." 

Her skin and white of her hair started to glow a light blue.. it was faint in the light but noticeable."its a lot brighter on my scales and in the dark but thats your only hint. I will also reset it to 10 guesses. And for the record i wouldnot ask if it was somthing impossible to guess like my moms or almost as impossible to guess as my sisters." 

As of her 3 questions it was not that she had to trust them, it was more she was embarrassed she did not know the answer and did not want it spread that she was stupid do to her lack of knowing the answers. 

"Fine you ask a question and try to answer it since you do not like mine just not something simple like why my hair is white and black." She said after they had gave there answers to her name question.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:31 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

"She's like a parrot! Parroting words and voices~" "So that means dragons are kin to birds?" The two teased, but they were quite happy regardless. When their next challenge came, they waggled their fingers at her. "Silly dragon, only fairies ask strangers to guess their names without any hints!" "And you're not a fairy–only fairies play that kind of game."  They stuck their tongues out at her and gave her a pair of cheeky grins. "You know our names but we don't know yours. I'm bored sis, let's play another game." "It's boring, it's boring. But what kind of questions will she ask us next? Maybe she'll make it more interesting!" Vacillating between thrill and ennui, the two girls chatted back and forth. Looking at her they both answered: "We'll play with you a little more, but we won't count it as a loss!" The fickle pair then began their process of elimination.

"You're a mean one, Miss Dragon. Not even a hint and you want us to guess~" "You're probably not even a dragon, more like a fairy. Give us a hint and we'll call it fair." They then went quiet and began to stare. Meanwhile a small scarab skittered across the floor. "So apparently it has voice mimicry and isn't as skilled in polymorph. It has siblings, at least one–a female." Shiloh mused, reviewing the information Malinka and Kalinka had unintentionally collected. "Now let's see…what else can I glean from you? If you're to pay for your ride, I need to know what you can give me." The game was losing momentum, as the twins were presented with a challenge that was essentially impossible. No wonder they were upset, even if their faces didn't show it and they lacked a pulse to give their emotions away. They had promised not to tell anyone about the questions the dragon would ask if they lost, but who said the sisters had to speak in order to share the information? Either way, Shiloh would know. This was her ship, so she would make sure she knew everything that happened within it.

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:45 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

She was not surprised in the slightest that they guessed her kind but that was not what she was going to stump them with. No, she was going to stump them with her name. She knew that she had no indicator of that unless she used her trick of glowing. "Within  four guess you guessed right, my lineage is dragon. And i can fly. Though i must say the sinces of the creature solely depends on the form the person took. Now since you guessed right it that means that i will show you a trick. It also means you have 6 questions to guess my name." She said knowing that they would have difficulty getting that right. A geological expert would know it but would have truble as many rocks glow blue.

She desided to show them her copying tricks as it would not give them any hint to her name. "My trick is simple i can remember hole conversations and repeat them as they were said, voice pitch and all."  She thought of what she would relay. She smiled as she desided to repeat part of there earlier debate and some of there unkles words as well. "We can't show you the fun stuff on board'–'The captain'll get mad at us.' 'Ah, so it seems they've taken a liking to you! If you two behave, you can show her around" she said with the exact voice and tone of the one that said each of the statments. 

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:52 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

Meanwhile, Shiloh was surveying their route with a map of the continent. She was planning on having more detailed maps drawn, to make navigation safer. The deity sensed movement in the ship, and a quick scan told her it was the passenger. There were to others with her too; she suspected who they were, but she couldn't attend to that at the moment. She still had to check within a few minutes to track who was moving and where. 

Malinka and Kalinka were delighted, too delighted when the woman gave in and indulged their curiosity. "So it's bet? She's making a bet!" "This will be fun, very fun! Don't cry if we win–we don't like to lose!" Clicking their heels, they turned to face each other, then backed up so they were a few meters apart. Turning to face Aqua, she was now in between the two sisters. "Let's start the game, will it be a trick or will it be a treat?" They said in unison. And so it began. The left one looked at Aqua, tilting her head. "Wings like a bat, but eyes that can see in daylight." The right one asked, "Is it a gargoyle, or manticore?" The left girl waggled her finger. "A manticore with no sting? Surely not, what a strange thing!" Left then replied with an exaggerated sigh. "Gargoyles are not the only ones with leathery wings." Turning, twirling, spinning and whirling–they stopped and pointed from their sides to the woman in between. "No stony flesh, or stinging tail–eyes that see in daylight well. What else then has wings of a bat? A dragon or wyvern, correct?"

Something notable was how they agreed to play the game, but never promised to anything else. Could she truly trust these two fickle beings to follow rules? That was probably the true question here. Though neither of the three were aware, the captain was watching them as the played. A few small scarabs were hidden out of sight, and there were plenty of spots where a bug could sneak by unnoticed. "They're sharp, so I wonder how long it'll be until they run into something they can't guess via process of elimination. 'Good luck' to you, whoever you are. I'll learn a little more about you either way." Shiloh muttered to herself as she leaned back in a chair in another room in the airship. She still hadn't considered how she was going to collect that boarding fee yet, but she wasn't going to let this person leave without taking some form of collateral.

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:11 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

Aqua looked back at the older creature in the chair as so see his thoughts on the matter but he seemed to have no opinion on the matter. She had never been grabbed by the hand and almost pulled back but the two twins were strong and she quickly noticed the lack of warmth and heartbeat that living creatures had and that did concern her a little bit. She was just glad they were not atacking her. 

Shw wondered what the fun parts of the ship were but she was ok with not knowing as the ship was large enough to not need to see it as there were lots of places she could see. As they showed her the lounge she took note of what they said than moved to the window to look down only to see the blue sky and white clouds. She than looked at the twins as they started asking questions. They did not give her time to answer before asking the next question than wanting to play a guessind game.

She did not see how a guessing game could cause harm and doubted they would guess an answer to any of there questions. "Ok guess, you guess it correctly i'll be it for a game of hid and seek, or show you a cool trick i know, if in ten answers you are still wrong you answer 3 of my questions without asking why i do not know or tell anyone else of them." She answered. If anything she did learn to bargain from her mom as she often had to record the bargain in the end. The lack of humanish smell she at first blamed on the human form and excess of metal, but after being dragged through the ship was starting to really wonder.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:05 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

When she accepted, the two smiled in a way that could make a person feel immediate regret. Clapping, they took her by the hands and led her through the lounge and resting areas. The Clephsydra was a war airship–the largest out of all the airship sizes. It was much bigger than the standard flying coach the wealthy had for personal use, and was equipped to handle a few scrapes and hits if needed. "Uncle Archytas is so boring~" "I know right? But at least he's nice." The two girls said, finishing each other's sentences. "We can't show you the fun stuff on board–" "–The captain'll get mad at us." They added, a bit unhappy that they couldn't do as they pleased. "Anyway, here's the lounge! It's where passengers rest and look outside at the view." "You can sleep here if you want, Captain always does." The pointed at the table and chairs. They were all bolted to the floor, to prevent from sliding all over the place when the ship moved.

"Hey, hey~ What's your name?" "Tell us, tell us!"
The two were now pestering her, wanting to sate their own curiosity. "Why do you have wings?" "Can you fly?" They moved around her, switching places–back and forth. They stood waiting, smiling. They wanted to know, to ask more questions, but they first needed an answer. "So you won't tell? Then let's play a guessing game!" "Oh oh, so what happens when somebody wins? Is there a prize?" The sisters were discussing among themselves, moving at their own pace. As they moved, they mirrored each other. If one stepped to the left, so did her sister. Their voices, actions, motions–it was as if their own minds were one. Their skin was unblemished, pure and smooth like porcelain. Come to think of it, another of the crew members called 'Galatea' had a similar look. The smell in the airship was of metal, and the faint lingering of a human's scent. But there was only one scent, which was alarming. Neither of the twins had that; they smelled just like Archytas and Euripides. None of these people were actually 'alive'. 

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:42 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

"Now my sister is a true shape shifter. She eassy switches and holds many forms with out problem." Aqua said. She missed her sister. It would have sent her to the grave if she hurd that. But Aqua really did miss her. Than being told that the captain was the only one who could answer her question she almost frowned, as angry or agitated as the captain was she would likely say no. 

She also caught a word she did not know. Gears. She knew what a pipe was but jad no clue of what a gear was. She almost asked but did not have the time as she noticed the twins. Quickly she stood up and backed into the pipe. She did not know much about the two, but by the way they were ordered not to play earlier she knew that they were truble. She did not want to harm them for that would likely anger the captain but she knew not to play with them.

They were shorter than her but so were hyenas to a lion. She knew first hand that size was nothing to number and they had number. She looked at her guard as he gave the two the ok to show her around. It was ovious that she was not comfortable with going with the two. "I know. Your captain used there names multiple times when telling them not to play with me" 

She knew not to play with the twins but the two were better at asking than a puppy begging for scraps. They were also way more persistent. She looked back at the one in the chair hopping he would call them off but instead he acted like that was not a bad idea. "Fine, but no getting me hurt or in truble." She started using her staff to help her stand. The staff on the opposite side of her body than her hurt leg.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:56 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

"I see, I see. Well I wouldn't know how that would be like. I can't change my physical form without difficulty." The automaton said, in a joking manner. Rising from his chair, he moved his arms into a contemplative pose as he considered the woman's request. "Hm…well I'm afraid I can't give you a straight answer without first consulting the captain. Normally I wouldn't mind, but orders are orders. There's not much to see, unless you love pipes and spinning gears." The two doll-like children came running through the halls again, stopping short of running straight into Archytas. "She's up!" "Play with us!" They quickly put themselves on both sides of the dragon and looked up at her with big eyes.

"Ah, so it seems they've taken a liking to you! If you two behave, you can show her around." Archytas said. "But…remember, only where passengers are allowed." Rotating his head to Aqua, he motioned to the identical automatons. "Miss, I present to you Kalinka and Malinka. I will be placing them in your care. Is that alright with you?" The two doll-like girls curtsied, in perfect synchronization. They were like two sides of a coin, the same in every way. The only difference was their clothing. "You'll play with us right?" "We'll show you the ship if you do!" They were very persistent, and knew how to combine their looks and persuasion to the fullest. Now the decision was in the woman's hands. Would she place her trust in two impish, capricious beings who promised adventure–or stay out of trouble at the cost of suffering boredom?

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:27 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

"I only know two forms, one i am still very bad at holding, the other well, has some problems to work out." She said completely surprised that his voice was not like the others. It was human but he oviously was not human. She was curious what he was but was not going to ask something she would not want to answer. Her wings would slowly disappear as the junk was gone and she did not see any reason to need them.

"Listening and repeating was my job up tell a few months ago. My caregiver was verry despondent on that for much of her job. Therefore I have learned to listen despite everything that was going on. There was a few times when that saved us a lot of trouble." She said not fully believeing the fea would be reasonable do to the way the captain said it. As of coin, she had none and very few possessions to go along with that.

Bakulaw had a coastal ourpost? She had not known that, but at least it was not one where she would run into anyone she knew. "I will be ok with that. I just wanted out of the danger long enough to heal." She said as she rolled the web into a small ball, as she wondered what to do with it than stuck it in her pocket.

"Sky Ships are a lot different than the ones that ride on the water. Think you could show me around?" She asked starting to get bored. She stretched surprised her wings actually disappeared with out forming some obscure third arm or similarly odd thing. 

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:08 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

"Ah…so you are awake. I take it you are some sort of shapeshifter?" Archytas spoke. The sound of his voice was a smoother, less synthesized than Euripides and was closer to that of an organic being. When she asked about the captain's 'fee', Archytas couldn't help but chuckle. "Oh, so you were listening? Well your presence seems to have bothered the captain a bit, but it isn't anything personal. We don't normally carry passengers, but when we do usually the arrangements are worked out beforehand. Since your boarding was quite last-minute, as expected the captain wants compensation. The 'boarding fee' will be reasonable, I promise. Do you have any form of currency in your possession at the moment? If so, she'll be asking for it."

Adjusting his position in his chair, the automaton continued to answer the dragon's questions. "We will be landing at the Bakulaw coastal outpost for a brief period of time to refuel and conduct repairs. Knowing how the captain is with her temper, she'll be dropping you off there. I'm afraid that's as far as we can take you, as our planned flight afterwards will be a long one." Ms. Kyrie was very particular about things, and that was especially true for the Clephsydra. How much weight an airship carried would directly impact its speed and fuel consumption, and was no laughing matter. The captain's orders were stricter than most, and disliked having anyone who wasn't a part of the crew or in her personal allowance list on board.

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:11 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

Aqua waited to move untell her wound stopped bleeding and was mostly healed, by then the crowd and others had been gone for a while. She got up and looked around before fully stepping out of the hiding place and sat agenst a pipe. She looked at the automaton that simply sat there watching her. Aqua folded her arms on top of the leggs and again looked around. 

"What did she mean by the statment 'I plan to collect once we land at the coastline's outpost." She asked imitating the captains voice without flaw. As a kid, her job was to remember what others said and how they sead it so her care giver could have it for use later. Than again when she did that she did not know what most of it ment but quickly lurned over time. 

"What port are we going to?" She asked before she placed a wing oddly im her lap and started trying to pull the remaining chard web off her wing since she had a second to do so and wanted to have little or no resistance if she had to fly. 

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:49 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

The 'woman' she had pulled inside the hull of the Clephsydra was more like an animal, from her behavior. Probably one of those magical creatures with shapeshifting and whatnot. The twins merely continued grinning when the dragon growled, more amused than anything else. The fact they showed no fear was more unsettling than their lack of a pulse. Watching as the terrified dragon tried to hide, Shiloh motioned with her head at the automatons gathered here. "…Make sure she doesn't go around unsupervised. If the ship starts going down because she's touched anything–I'll make sure she pays for it." The twins looked up at her in anticipation, as if waiting for her to say the word. Knowing their natures too well, Shiloh glared. "Kalinka, Malinka–no. Not if you can stay out of trouble. I don't want to replace any damaged parts if you push her too far." The two automatons were known to be a bit rough when it came to playing with new 'friends', and liked doing outrageous things to see how people would react. They were equipped to learn from experience, not from pre-encoded information. 

The two looked downcast, before skipping away into the other parts of the airship. Sighing, she looked to see who else would be available. Galatea was out, as she was damaged. Euripides would just panic again. Erasmus was in the pilot's seat, and Diomedes wasn't on board. The others were working with the other airship systems, leaving Archytas. The automaton was one of the oldest models, like Erasmus and Euripides. However his skeleton and motor functions were more advanced and bore greater flexibility. Still made mostly of metal, his visage was less of a blank head and more akin to a stylized face. Walking over to where the young dragon laid, he rotated his head to look about, then brought a chair to sit across from her. Seeing that someone had taken the task, Shiloh retreated into the ship leaving the two alone. Time passed, and all was quiet. The automaton simply sat, placidly as he watched and waited. If the dragon were to notice his presence, he would attempt to strike up a conversation. 

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:13 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

Aqua immediately tried to claw at the ship to keep from being dragged off. The disadvantage to human hands was the lack of claws and lack of grip due to it. Once in the air, she immediately started to flap her wings and run but soon gave up as it only hurt and did no good as well as the fact she was out of energy. Being laid down and released from the shadow she wanted to run and hide but burly sat up as she saw the two-legged beings and started to growl, at least one had attacked her in the recent past. She did not move untell she noticed the two lookalikes. Completely unfamiliar with any of the noise and beings she quickly turned, got to her feet and ran to hide behind a series of pipes. She then turned towards the entrance and laid down. 

Filling the tiredness that came with the healing of large wombs she folded her arms and laid down. Seeing tavern full of people was one thing an airship full of some species she did not know was another. She kept her bo staff in her hand but hoped she would not need to use it. She barely caught the words of payment getting collected than wondered what she was thinking.  

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:34 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

Shiloh frowned, figuring that talking wasn't getting anywhere. She sent another telepathic message to the other. 'Look, I don't care where you are–as long as you aren't on the ship. You're slowing us down. …Actually, that's not a bad idea.' Holding fast to her tether, the shadows on the top of the Clephsydra began to pool together. They coalesced into a larger mass, and stretched out into the shape of a giant arm. It then wrapped itself around the dragon, and pulled her off the top of the airship. The other end of the shadow connected itself to Shiloh, and that was when she untied herself. Immediately she was blown off the top, and began towing the other along with her. Spinning the air into a vortex, she created a small wind tunnel that channeled its way through the currents towards the door of the ship. Sending out a telepathic message to the closest automaton inside, Shiloh started preparing them for entry.

When the door slid open, She utilized the change in air pressure to force herself and her unwanted passenger inside. The shadow appendage cleared the door, and budded another branching protrusion to slam the door shut. Back on a relatively solid surface, Shiloh picked herself off the floor while the shadows she had been controlling dissipated. That left the hitchhiker on the floor. "Alright, listen up crew! We've got ourselves an extra body on board so we're going to have to make adjustments to compensate. I'd say give an allowance for an additional hundred pounds or more." Those who weren't busy came over to look at the person their captain had dragged in, and soon the dragon would find herself surrounded by a mixture of human-like beings with no pulse and walking metal golems. There were two others she had met earlier. The female one had part of her forearm corroded off, exposing a metal 'skeleton' instead of bone underneath.

"Ooh! Hey look, wings! They're like a bat's!"
"You're right, they are aren't they? Hee hee~" What appeared to be a set of twins stood over her, one on each side of the disguised dragon. They looked nearly identical, but one was dressed like a girl and one was dressed in boy's clothes. Wide eyes and grinning smiles, they tilted their heads in synchronization with curiosity. "Let's play a guessing game~" "Oh, do tell! What will we guess? Her birthplace, or her blood?" Something notable about the two was how they didn't blink. "Quit fooling around you two, she hasn't paid her boarding fee yet. I plan to collect once we land at the coastline's outpost." Shiloh called, drawing the two doll-like twins' attention from the partially polymorphed dragon. "Can we play with her?" The one in boy's clothes asked. "Absolutely not." Came the deity's reply.

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Thu Nov 9, 2017 8:56 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

Truthfully Aqua had not noticed the flying two-legged untell the verry irritating buzzing started. She was more worried about her back and the cold of the wind on her blood stoked robe and the lack of eye scales. The first hurt as her robe was slapping the wombs and the second made it hard to see. Like before she had hard time seeing so she closed her eyes not really caring wher the other was.

At the buzzing, Aqua immediately shook her head untell it turrned into really muffled words. She reached out to whoever was trying to communicate. Usually she would have not needed to but the other seamed to be new to mind talking or really out of practice. Eather way the voice was demanding and loud.

"Sarry miss, but can't. Between the sky fire and the ships appearance informing the hole island of my location I could not make it back to the ground if i wanted to. Between the spiders and wind it was a merical i am still alive." She thought back carfull not to growl an accusation. 

If the other desided to come close to her she would see a human laying. The only nonhuman part was her wings wich she could not make dissapear if she wanted to not that she would with the ground so far away. But she was oviously injured and bleeding so the landing would be very painful if it did not kill her.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Thu Nov 9, 2017 2:48 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

As the doors closed and everything was secured shut, there was a shift in the airship's balance as Erasmus tried to fly the Clephsydra. It wasn't much, but for the automata's highly acute sensors it was noticeable. "Captain, there seems to be some sort of interference affecting the airship's balance. Should we investigate before continuing our planned course?" Galatea inquired. Looking up at the roof of the airship cabin, Shiloh replied. "Yeah, I feel it too. It's not that big, but who knows what's up there. Erasmus, keep flying. We should have enough fuel to make it even with the extra weight." Striding towards the door again, she motioned for one of the automatons to open it up again. Carefully they did so, and the deity slipped out into free fall. Using the currents of the winds, she sent herself whirling upward to see if anything was obstructing the propellers or other things which would affect the engines. Struggling to keep herself aloft while using aura sight, she forced herself to a shaky landing upon the top of the Clephsydra. Lying flat, she secured a tether so she wouldn't be blown off.

She used aura sight again, and detected a large presence on the ship's roof. Moving around, she found what she was searching for. There was something throwing things out of whack alright, a rather big one. The wind made it impossible for whatever it was to hear her even if she shouted at the top of her lungs. That left her with one other option: telepathy. It was all she had left, which wasn't much since she had just started learning how to project her thoughts so they could be transmitted to others. Focusing, she made her first attempt at contact. In the young dragon's mind, there would be a faint and distorted buzzing before a mental message intruded into its thoughts.

'–ear…m… He—an y–… Hey…can you hear me? Hello? This better work–hey! You, whatever you are! Yeah, you–get off my ship! You're cutting down our fuel efficiency! If you want a ride, go somewhere else. We don't take hitchhikers.'

Come to think of it, she had forgotten to check if whatever she was telepathically messaging could even understand common. It was probably some animal, so if it didn't move she'd push it off. She had no idea how it had gotten itself onto the Clephsydra, but she wasn't taking any unaccounted passengers. Plus, with that thing hanging off the top it would increase the airship's air resistance and slow it down.

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Thu Nov 9, 2017 12:22 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

Funny anouph the group was not far away from where she had been hiding moments ago. Just running and fast movement hurt so she got to the clearing as the wind picked up. She quickly laid down as it got stronger but the wind caught her wings and sent her flying into a tree. She yelped as she fell to her knees the pain informing her that her skin had been broken on her back. 

Blood in a land of predators was not a good idea. She knew it but getting to the ladder would not be easy if she was in true form and unhurt. It would be near impossible for her to do now. She knew there had to be a different way to get in once the wind died down she got up and spread her wings. That also hurt but she knew that the ship was her only hope on survival and flapped her wings as she set her jaw.

Slowly at first she began to fly. Than rise to fly faster and higher untell she was above the ship. She landed on its top and nearly fell off do to not landing on a moving target before. She than laid down and folded her wings tightly to keep from being pulled off with the wind. She hoped they did not mind or know but unlike her mother she was not very sneaky and would likely be caught.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Wed Nov 8, 2017 12:15 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

The familiar roar of the Clephsydra's engines was music to her ears. "They're here. Well about time they showed up. Let's go." Settling Euripides down, she sent herself blasting off into the air. The automata on board detected the disturbance in the area and with further focus, saw it was their captain. "All hands on deck! Prepare the doors after we begin our descent!" Came the orders from the pilot. An older model, similar to the same style as Euripides, was at the helm. Erasmus began gradually lowering the airship closer to the ground to give Shiloh an easier time entering. There wasn't any space to land, so this was the best they could do.

Back on the ground, Shiloh and the two automatons were waiting in a clearing for the rope ladder to be thrown. Realizing that the ship would be vulnerable while waiting for them to ascend into the hull, Shiloh began to whip the surrounding air currents into a barrier. It would repel flying creatures from taking advantage of the Clephsydra while it was stationary, and if they were attacked from below they could escape to the air. The rope ladder was now only a meter off the ground, and Shiloh helped the scouting unit up. Once he was working his way up the ladder, she motioned for Galatea to go next. She had been worried that the combat unit would have problems climbing, but thankfully Galatea was scaling the rungs just fine. No serious internal damage from the looks of it. Finally, she began to climb up as the crew members were pulling the ladder inside. 

The doors were closing, and soon the ship would be flying up back into the skies. They needed to return to the outpost on the beach to refuel before leaving for the mainland. She couldn't conduct any repairs to Galatea's chassis until they returned to Antikythera, so they weren't staying any longer.

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Tue Nov 7, 2017 1:39 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

Aqua was not happy about her wing being stuck to her body and the annoying web that kept it that way. The adrenalin rush was starting to wear off and with it, the pain was starting to become more noticeable. The young dragon looked at her back where the acid venom had hit and could see the loss of scales. Since she was a reptile she knew that the scales would regrow when she shed her skin but it still looked awful and was starting to sting. She had tried to cut the web with her claws but could not really reach it. But as it darkened it got weaker and less sticky. After a while, she managed to spread her wing and git it off. 

At the sound of an airship, she almost cursed. She did fine until a couple two-leggeds showed up and tried to attack so the thought of more made her cringe. The two-leggeds were loud and a definite target for the creatures but, if she could get a ride out of the jungle she would have a higher chance of living. That said convincing a ship that a dragon was not only friendly but not worth the fight for her skin would be a challenge. As much as she hated that form being human would be more excepted or at least that's what she hoped.

Aqua used polymorph to turn human but kept her wings. A brown robe covered her just as fast. The poison burn on her back seemed a lot bigger in this form as it covered part of her leg and most of her back and hurt a lot more. She slowly climbed out of her hiding place and held out her hand as a staff formed in her hand. climbing out of the hole she looked first for immediate threats than for a sky fire or signal as the ship called it. If she spotted one she would head toward it. if not she would fly towards the ship. 

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:44 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

Shiloh and Galatea were zigzagging through the trees as the hiss of corrosive acid melted through the foliage around them. The deity was especially worried. If she was hit, the damage would be severe. She could always build replacement limbs and parts for Euripides and Galatea if their frames were damaged, but she didn't have that luxury. The signal to the Clephsydra had been sent, but who knew how long it would before they were out of danger. Just when she thought they were out of the spider's range, its back opened up and revealed a pair of wings and it started chasing them down from the air. "I-impossible! Since when did arachnids possess lepidopteran wings?! Oh gods!!" The scouting automaton cried, summarizing how Shiloh felt as soon as she saw it too. "Bloody spiders–that's just unfair!" Shiloh protested before a string of webbing came at her face. Just as it came within a foot of her, she used her power to make it move to the side–attaching to the trunk of a large jungle tree. The threads were strong, and very sticky. If they were snagged, it was over.

Her hands were full carrying Euripides, so she couldn't hold her blades. However she wasn't totally helpless. As the spider approached, it pulled on its webbing and gained acceleration. Casting Keeper's secret on herself and a spell of protection on her combat unit, she focused her mind to suck the giant spider into a whirlwind. A flurry of ethereal blades rained down on it  as she hoped it would do something. Unfortunately the carapace was tough, and the spider began spewing its corrosive venom. "Galatea, get behind me!" Shiloh shouted. "It can't hit me no matter what, so don't let it use you as leverage!" The combat unit had ideas or her own however, and threw a blade straight into the vortex of wind. Her warning was a moment too late, as errant drops of acid splashed onto Galatea and began eating at her resin coating. The front half of her forearm was corroded to the point where her metal endoskeleton was visible, but thankfully the spell Shiloh had cast lessened the damage. The spider on the other hand, wasn't as lucky. The blade skewered it clean through its body, and when Shiloh released it, it fell to the ground twitching. Using telekinesis to retrieve the blade, she noted that the blood of the spider didn't corrode the weapon. "…Interesting. So that acid must be produced separately from the rest of its bodily fluids."

The flame from the dragon scorched the spiders in its way, but they weren't quite dead. Hissing, they retreated. The web that stuck to her burned off slowly. Whatever was in them was designed to ensnare prey to make the spiders' hunting easier. If she had been completely covered, she wouldn't have lived to tell the tale. The terrible screeching of the Bakulaw terror lizard could still be heard, but it was much farther away. The chances of it running into her were low now it had lost sight of her. Overhead the rumble of an airship filled the skies as the Clephsydra finally came. Flying through was just as much as an obstacle as navigating the jungle below. A voice projected from the airship was calling for the three others. "Ms. Kyrie, Galatea, Euripides–this is Erasmus. We're here, so if you see us send us a signal!" The other automata were scanning the jungle below as Erasmus slowly flew the ship overhead. 

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Mon Nov 6, 2017 1:27 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

Aqua had no time to appreciate the fact that he survived the first creature when flying spiders came at her. Aqua avoided most of the first attacks before diving, only spreading her wings before hitting the ground, and much like before the trees seem to move out of her way only long enough for her to pass before closing again. some of the spiders ran into the trees but a few stayed right on her tail. The acid like venom did a number on the trees it hit but did not seem to have an effect on aqua, thanks to her bone like scales and earth element she seemed to be immune.

Aqua only wanted a simple meal and was now running for her life. Her stomach was starting to cramp up due to the force of movement. One spider hit her with web causing a wing to fold and stay that way. The result was her spiraling towards the ground and crashing at a dangerous speed. She got up and ripped at the web with her teeth as the spiders landed. Aqua turned her head and watched the three of them slowly come at her with there front legs raised ready to attack. Aqua bared her teeth with a low growl, her free wing half spread, and tail slowly swaying as she picked her target. 

Her mouth filled with flame before she shot it at the middle one then the other two. She then turned and broke into a full run after losing her meal. Once she felt safe she hid, doing her best not to be discovered. She then turned and started to burn off what acid was on her back half and wing. A memory of birds and a bush from when she was small came. Her hiding from the things as they attacked well reminded her of the present. The web burned bright but did not seem to be any easier to get off. 

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Sun Nov 5, 2017 5:12 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

Bakulaw wasn't known as a place of death for nothing. As she avoided being torn apart by the terror lizard, the skies were no safer. Feathered reptiles of all shapes and sizes were in the skies, some with talons and claws meant for tearing at slower moving beasts granting a slow and painful death. Up above, a huge flying lizard loomed overhead, but that wasn't what proved the most deadly. Insects–the most plentiful and the most insidious killers were several times larger here than anywhere else. Hornets as large as a man, bloodsucking flies with a painful sting, and worst of all the flying spiders. Flying spiders who were the size of bears.

Down in the jungle Shiloh and the automatons were running as fast as they could. That mess with the signal flare had set off some kind of imaginary alarm that told all the hostiles in the area to home in on them. Still carrying Euripides, Shiloh shouted to him. "Call the Clephsydra–now! Every bloody thing is crawling out of the woodwork to get us! It's like all the fauna here are composed of pure hatred for sentient life, or just life in general." They were stopped when a massive spider dropped down from the canopy. Flinching, Shiloh was quickly backpedaling to get away. "Oh good lord–no no no! Not this! Not this thing!" Rotating his head completely, Euripides' optic sensors glowed a bright yellow when they spotted the gigantic arachnid. "AUGHH!!" His tinny shriek from the voice box installed into his unit created a rather high-pitched garbled sound, which apparently agitated the spider even more. "Stop screaming and keep quiet!" Galatea shouted as they were on the run again. "Ok I think I have an idea why everything hates us now!" Shiloh said between quick gasps of air. "When we get back to Antikythera–Euripides, I'm giving you a new voice synthesizer!"

The flying spiders up above began spitting acidic venom at the white dragon, buzzing around with the other hostile insects. Others began to shoot their webs aiming to snare it and drag it down. A shot of venom that missed immediately began burning the trunk of a tree upon contact, hissing and releasing steam as the bark corroded away. This might be the reason why there were such clean skeletons left lying around in Bakulaw… and ones missing parts.

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Sun Nov 5, 2017 3:18 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

Aqua was not surprised that the creature still chose to fight. The only thing surprising was the mintion of some wild law. A law she knew all to well. "It would do you well to lurn all the laws. Another being dont challenge a stronger creature" her tail flickered. "Fine, wannt to fight than fight." She got up, faced the attacker, and got ready to fight. Thats when the tree split, a new danger was present and oviously more of a challenge than the other. 

Aqua just watched as the three talked. She started cleaning her talons and face once she realised that the new person was not going to atack and nor was the others which took command from the new person. That said she refused to turn her back on them, being raised around theivs and pirates had that effect on her.

The presents of a large terror lizzerd was something new to Aqua but one thing was for sure it was going to atack and was not smart enough to reason to. In response to its roor she turned and started to flap her wings. She knew she had no chance at a full on fight but running would likely end in the same way. She leaped into the air and started ti fly. The tightly placeed trees move out of her way then back as she past. 

Once above the trees she turned and started to huver as she started calling the vines and plants to trap the other reptiles.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Sun Nov 5, 2017 2:23 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

Galatea simply cut through the root without hesitation. Seeing she had been spotted she quickly moved to a different location and reassessed the situation. "…Target appears to be capable of speech. That's new. It might possibly be capable of higher thought, or it could just be a highly advanced mimicry." Listening to the terror lizard speak, Galatea's expression did not change. Instead, she readied her blade again. "The law of the wilds is as follows: 'Survival of the fittest'. Either kill or be killed–isn't that how it is with beasts? Destroying a threat before it has a chance to strike you down is plain pragmatism. The wilds show no mercy." The combat automaton's voice was steady and calm, and the accusations the lizard made against her had no effect. Though the great lizard was so kind enough to inform her of its other abilities, which would make dispatching it easier. 

She had one objective: defend the scouting unit at all costs. Everything, no matter how strong could be destroyed. All it took was an attack in the right place… "I'll be sure to make your death humanely quick and painless." Euripides was trying to slink behind some trees, as he had no chance of fighting that thing at all. Neither of the automatons had seen a dragon, nor did they know the difference between a Bakulaw terror lizard and the former. By now Shiloh was almost at the site of the flare's location, and an overwhelming pressure was rushing through the area as the deity advanced. Sensing she was here, Galatea no longer had her sword raised. Cleaning the blade before sheathing it in a single motion, she awaited her master's orders. The sound of a tree being split open broke the silence as Shiloh burst from the jungle's canopy. There was a flaming sword in one hand and a dragon-bone blade in the other. Scanning the clearing, she stopped when she caught sight of Euripides and Galatea.

"What–where did… Oh there you are. I saw the emergency flare was fired, are you two alright?" It was then she saw the dragon lying nearby. Putting two and two together, she motioned for the two automatons to come over to her. Euripides bolted and ducked behind her as soon as he could, and Galatea slowly walked over to Shiloh while keeping her eyes on the dragon. "…Were you attacked?" She asked both of them. "No. However we couldn't take any chances. Especially with something like that right there." Galatea turned her head to motion in the direction of the dragon. Shiloh didn't blame her for being cautious, but realized their mistake. "You did well; even followed protocol down to the letter. You can relax, Euripides. That's a dragon, a juvenile one likely–not a Bakulaw terror lizard. They don't have fur."

Suddenly, the ground began to shake. The tremors were getting stronger, and birds were fleeing. Shiloh felt body tense up as she could feel something very big approaching them very quickly. The flare probably was to blame, and this was bad news. "This isn't good. We need to run." Trees were falling over as a horrendous roar thundered through the jungle as a real Bakulaw terror lizard was joining the party. This one was at least ten times bigger than the dragon, and was on two powerful hind legs. Its head was massive and it had teeth the size of spear heads. Bright red scales, brownish-orange stripes, cold reptilian eyes–it had another name among the people from the outpost on the beach: the Running Death.

Grabbing the scouting unit and throwing him over her shoulder, Shiloh ran. All three of them were fleeing the scene as the very bloodthirsty terror lizard swiveled its massive head for easy prey. Catching the scent of other creatures nearby, it let out a deafening screech again and charged at the dragon. It was the biggest thing in the area, and its bright white scales made it stand out against the jungle foliage. One bite from that thing could easily bisect a grown man if he was unfortunate to get caught in between its teeth.

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Sun Nov 5, 2017 1:37 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

Aqua was starting to get annoyed at the two's argueing. She had did her best to mind her own business but being attacked was somewhat impossible to not notice. She simply raised her paw, a root raised with the movement. The root raised just infrunt of the attackers foot. That should trip it. She sat on her hind legs and looked at the two. Usually she would not talk in human unless in human skin but she was not filling a fight with a full stumic. All she wanted was to lay in the sun and let the food digest.

"How stupid are you?" Her voice accusing and hard. "Most two leggeds know not to anger a flame spitter. And more know that if your going to atack one make sure that the target did not know you were there." Her voice would start to soften as she stopped than continued. "May I ask before you keep on this path of yours. What did i do to deserved an atack. Also what makes you think you stand a chance."

Truthfully she could care less on both accounts but it was always fun to mess with their mind. To accuse and watch the other was more her sisters thing but why not. They also needed to assess the situation and rethink there actions. She kept an eye on the ovious threat but kept listening for others.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Sat Nov 4, 2017 1:20 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

"Be silent!" Came the harsh but hushed tones from Galatea. The creature had noticed them, but did not attack. Or perhaps it didn't see them? Some beasts had poor eyesight and relied on movement to detect prey. If so, then the automatons had an advantage. The two began to argue quietly. Euripides wanted to have the beast chased off as soon as possible, Galatea wanted to take a more calculated approach. Their heated discourse led to the accidental firing of a signal flare, causing a loud burst of fire and light with a bang! Someone had fumbled with the emergency rune given for this express purpose, likely Euripides–which caused birds to scatter and smaller creatures to flee. With their positions broadcast to the jungle around them, Galatea's patience had reached its limit. She wasn't going to wait for the terror lizard to rip them apart on the account of 'wildlife preservation'. 

She had one task and that was ensuring the scouting unit's safety. The combat automaton charged at the dragon brandishing her sword, aiming to strike a vital point. She would ensure that its demise would be quick and painless, before its cries alerted more of its kind. Her current target was the creature's spine. A blow from there would disable and severely impair the central nervous system, and had a reduced chance of lending her open to attack if it was successful. Quadrupeds could not fully defend from their backs, as the rotation of their limbs were limited–not like the free rotation some of Antikythera's automata had.

Meanwhile Shiloh heard the blast of an explosion and quickly gained a higher vantage point using a burst of air. Using the winds to keep her aloft, she saw the flash of a signal flare being used several meters away. They would never use it unless they were in danger, so she began rushing towards the location of the flare's light as fast as she could. Galatea could hold her own against a single enemy or several smaller ones, but with Euripides she would be limited in her mobility. Investigate first and ask questions later; that was what she had to do now. 

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Sat Nov 4, 2017 12:24 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

The buzz of the gears was just a foreign as the rest of the noise, but it was not natural and she knew it but did not care. At the moment all she cared about was filling her stomach and nothing ealce.  She did not realize how hungry she was untell food hit her stomach. She only stopped at the voice. 

The human voice and language. She turned and looked at them. Whatever they were. One looked human but lacked the smell. The other oviously made from the same material as some swords. The smell made memorys arise from home. The lack of rum and blood being all that was missing.

She could have attacked for just the smell memorys but one had to make sure that she saw the blade he carried. She could care less that it was more than willing to atack. Normally she would be showing the other who they just challenged but she did not see it as a worthwhile opponent therefore not something to atack. She continued eating.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Fri Nov 3, 2017 1:36 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

"Alright, let's fan out and cover more ground. We can't afford to overstay our welcome in this jungle. If we were in Laeto, it wouldn't be as much as a problem but this place is ten times worse. Galatea, accompany Euripides as you scout the area. I'll keep myself hidden and keep an eye on things, but you'll need to stay vigilant. He isn't a combat unit like you are." Addressing the two automatons, they departed upon receiving their orders. The alabaster-complexioned automaton and the metal construct began picking their way through the vines and trees in the dragon's direction. The clinking of metal and grinding of gears could be heard through the buzzing of insects and twitter of exotic birds. Using his highly advanced optics, Euripides was recording whatever he saw to his memory. Taking out an enchanted scroll, he began tracing the words he wished to inscribe with one of his metal digits. It was far easier than an ordinary parchment and ink quill, and made transcribing much faster too. 

"The variety of unique species indigenous to the island is astounding!" Came the metallic pitch being broadcast from his voice box. "I daresay, there must be at least a hundred in the arthropod family alone." Galatea did not seem as impressed, and was standing at attention with a sword at the ready. "These creatures have been living in isolation for perhaps a millennia. Naturally they would develop specialized characteristics in comparison to those from the mainland." Came her rather dry response. Rotating his head around, Euripides continued watching and recording various flora and fauna. "By the way Galatea, did you catch all the details Ms. Kyrie relayed to us back before we left? She said something about there being great carnivorous scaled lizards which attack on sight. All I remember was something about colorful scale patterns, an exceedingly large size, and several rows of teeth." The automaton gave a shudder as the lights of his optic sensors blinked rapidly. "We shouldn't run in to any of those terror lizards in the dense canopy. At worst, we'll see the packs of roving scavengers said to be bipedal and agile hunters." Galatea said in a disinterested tone. Cutting a swath of branches to clear out a path, she led the way.

Upon making progress, they came into the abandoned village where the young dragon was. All was quiet when the arrived, but then the combat unit entered a defensive stance as soon as she caught sight of a creature matching the details of their master's warning by the river. Euripides noticed too, and began to panic. "Is–is that one of them? It is isn't it? There's no mistake–bright scale coloration, above average size, powerful limbs! I can see the rows of teeth in its jaws!" Galatea silenced him tersely. "Keep your voice down, do you want to provoke it and have it attack us?" The high pitched, mechanical sounds of his voice would be easily heard by the dragon, and should she search for the source–she would find two strange beings now present a few meters away. One looked almost exactly like a human, while the other looked like a pile of metal pieces in a humanoid shape. Galatea had her sword drawn and visible, showing that she was armed and not afraid to retaliate.

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Fri Nov 3, 2017 12:52 AM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

The water was not hard to find saying that twoleggeds build there settlements near water. The river was a brownish green color and aqua was sure that it was not the cleanest but she would rather the water taist over that of dirt. The white dragon dropped the plants and than took one and dipped into the water. Quickly in and out, in and out. She than placed the beets down on the grownd and laid down before eating it. 

She was still young and knew to keep a look out for other animals. She knew that most animals were no mach for her bit even a lion was wery of a pack of hyenas. One was no match but a pack was a big challenge. She looked around and at the fact that she saw no threats and started eating again.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Thu Nov 2, 2017 10:43 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

It wasn't every day where she found herself sailing the Clephsydra out of her usual route. However, she had received a very lucrative offer in a shipping and transport deal. Naturally places where others were less inclined to go would have to give more attractive rates when it came to asking for goods and services, and she wasn't one to shy from a new business opportunity. Alternatively it would give her more exposure to the world, which as a newly-ascended deity was a high priority on her list. She didn't advertise her status as the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune, since she didn't want any unwanted attention. No matter if she was a god or a mortal, she was still the same person she always had been.

With her new temple under construction, she was currently on the lookout for new veins of resources she could utilize back at the Machinarium. So far she had the most important areas completed, but she was thinking of adding a few more contraptions and mechanisms to streamline workflow. At the moment traffic between the towers was highly inconvenient, as the walkways weren't suitable for transporting heavy machinery or materials. Her solution was some sort of hydraulic lift system between tower floors, but that would require more raw ores to make steel. However upon arriving at Bakulaw, she learned of the local dangers and opted to buy information from the residents should they ever stumble upon something which would be of use to her. Shiloh wasn't interested in fighting for her life on a new level, again. If she didn't know better, she wouldn't have know this densely populated wildlife hideaway was really just a giant death trap of nature's design.

But with dangers came a new market, particularly in the security department. She was hiring out her squadron of automata while she stayed for the weather to improve. She and a group of her best fighters were scouting the wilds, looking for people who needed saving from becoming the island's next statistic. One of the best things about having a small army of walking, thinking machines was that they were resistant to most ailments that plagued beings of flesh. There were rumors of lost settlements hidden deep in the jungle, so if they ever stumbled upon one it would be worth their time to see if anything was left for scavenging. In armor and with her face covered by a mask, she had her sun glaive out to take advantage of the noonday light. Fire and sharp weapons were essential to make headway through the thick undergrowth. Not too far off Galatea and Euripides were taking records of their observations.

The former was a female automaton who resembled a human woman with dark hair and dark eyes. Her complexion was as fair as the pale resin that composed her outer casing. She was one of the more recent builds she had made, thus reflecting her more human-like appearance. The other was Euripides; an older model when she was first starting her career in creating thinking machines. He was more like a metal golem, with a more bare-bones skeleton of steel with metal plates covering the framework and joints. He had no facial features except for two lenses embedded into his faceplate for eyes, and a voice box to project his voice. 

Author: Vinsue2, Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:13 PM, Post Subject: Price for freedom. [O,R]

Aqua walked with her wings folded tightly to her back. She was looking for a place to rest she had been running for days from a fight she had started and won. Her thoughts only being broke by a rumble in her stomach. 

She had not eaten since that day for a full lack of hunger but her stomach was now taking charge of her thoughts. She stopped and looked around for anything to eat. 

There were plenty of anamles to choose from but she was not a fan of meat and much prefered frout and roots. She did not recognize any of the plants. But spotted what looked like a village long abandoned and reclaimed by the land. Where there were people there were crops and she hopped to find a few.

She managed to find flat ground. The perfect indicater of a garden. Spotting the leaves of potatoes she forced it to grow to a large size than started digging. Than she pulled the top of the plant with her teeth ripping the plant full of potatoes out of the ground after getting the soil loose. She than place it on the ground and repeated the process with beets, and onions. Once done she gathered the food onto her back, useing her wings to keep it balanced as she looked for water.