Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Bakulaw Isle > Rookie's Testing
sircrumpet

Character Info
Name: Viserys Serpentine
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Gladiator
Silver: 1348
 (here you go kingcrasy)

The wind was cold on his face, it had taken him weeks to get to this location after getting word from a young blacksmith he met once in a forge, he requested help testing a few of his inventions. This made Viserys feel uneasy due to the fact he never truly trusted inventors and mages for lack of the better word evil ongoings, sure he had met some nice people that didn't seem likely to kill him but creating new ways to kill people quicker or find ways to cheat death wasn't his cup of tea and now he was on this island most likely walking towards  his death to fight a large giant or even, he shuddered at the mere mention of the beasts, Dragons, he leant against the tree in the meeting place eating a apple with a knife watching the trees seem to crawl into the air and the mountain in the distance penetrate the sky.

Heck if it wasn't for the endless danger he would of loved to set up a inn here maybe settle down with a small village but all those villages are long gone due to the consent raids by the huge beasts and raiders coming from long trips from the east, as he finished his apple he saw the brightly coloured shirt of the young man bounce around in the bushes with his symphony of pained yelps and whines he obviously walked through a thorn bush he sighed before shouting "If you don't keep it down, the monsters will find you not the other way round".

"There's a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
kingcrasy

Character Info
Name: Reginn Obi
Alignment: TG
Class: Blacksmith
Silver: 62
Regi had finally finished the Fire resistant metal he had been working on for such a long time the purple tinted shield he wore on his back was proof of this, heavier than most normal steel ones but much stronger however this was all theory and he had come to this island to test its physical attributes in reality, this is why he had sent a letter to a man he was served in his shop, a gladiator he had repaired the mans sword after hearing his story of how he broke it on a wall by accident, as a twig hit him in the face making him stumble forwards he landed in a bush filled with sharp thorns snagging his clothing making him yelp out in pain before hearing Viserys shout at him to keep it down.

After a few extra minutes of cutting the thorns away from him, Regi walked over greeting the gladiator with a grin "Thanks for coming it's so much easier to do testing with someone else" he opened his paper looking at the roughly drawn map he had made before leaving his forge pointing at a cave, "I was told the beasts we need to fight should be over there, don't worry whatever loot we get you can keep 50% of" Regi was a keen businessman not wanting to lose any silver from his work hence why he would take the metal's they find and give the man a cut of leathers and materials he could sell on, "Are you still okay with this suggestion?" he asked raising his eyebrow.

"All Weapons can be forged by a man, But only Good weapons can be Forged by a Blacksmith"
sircrumpet

Character Info
Viserys sighed taking the shield of the kids back holding it with one arm, "Look Kid, you need to train your upper body strength or these trip will just keep getting more and more dangerous" he didn't know why he was giving the blacksmith advice maybe the look on his face reminded him of his brother before he was taken, the innocence in the man's eyes reminded him of simpler days where children could play in the fields without wolves or raiders hunting them, before villages were razed, Vis drew a bastard sword throwing it to the young man "Keep it near, swing for the neck and don't stop till your dead or its dead" his steel voiced giving the man advice once more before turning and walking towards a sound of fighting.

The two Wyverns fought violently not yet using its breath attack but claws flailed causing gashes to form and roars to echo through the clearing, Viserys gave one looked back at the kid before lifting the shield and walking forwards hoping surely the solid forging of the boy kept him safe from the onslaught of attacks that would come raising his hammer over the shield slamming it against the purple metal to gain the beasts attention before they turned sparking gases in their mouths as they gathered closer time slowed down behind the shield waiting for the heat cooking him alive but it never came as he saw the flames flowing over the lips of shield he pushed forwards towards the first Wyvern slamming it hammer down on its leg causing it flames to direct at the other scaled beast.

kingcrasy

Character Info
Regi stared at the man, "I never planned to come out here, but I guess your right smithing can only ever be so useful" he continued walking head down in his book reading about the local Faunus in the area when he heard the clatter of a sword in front of him looking down at the bastard sword shaking his head at Viserys "I don't think I could a bunny let alone a beast" but even as he was arguing the man had already walked into the bushes ahead of him with a look of determination spread across his face. The young blacksmith looked down at the sword, picking it up and clinging to it with sweaty palms he had held a weapon before making and repairing one but never in a battle scenario the weight of the sword in his arm, the sharpness of the steel able to take life away with a swing and even the glint off the metal in the noon sun.

This was when he heard the roar through the trees as he ran to the clearing to find the brave gladiator hiding behind his shield as the flames licked around the metal, sure Regi was happy his metal worked against the beasts but all he could see was the Wyvern climbing across towards the man he needed to do something to help him, even before he finished his thought he felt his legs pumping as he let out a scream swinging upwards with the heavy weapon as blood coated his body seeing the gash going across the Wyvern's eye allowing the gladiator enough time to take on the other Wyvern while the now wounded one roared at Reginn he felt his heart stop, his breathe grow cold as the huge beast grew closer to him open his sharp toothed mouth looking down at him with one unscarred red eye, his legs unable to move he held the sword out in his weak arms it dropped as he covered his face with his arms.

"All Weapons can be forged by a man, But only Good weapons can be Forged by a Blacksmith"
sircrumpet

Character Info
He laughed out loud when the shield worked, he was sure the kid would never threaten a life if he wasn't sure it could work but this is when he had to get serious approaching the dazed Wyvern slicing at its face causing to shudder and wither before he forced the blade through its eye letting it release a mighty screech before it slammed to the dirt letting the life drain from its body. However, why wasn't the other one attacking he had plenty of openings this is when he looked back to see the young blacksmith standing his ground slashing wildly at the large beast taking its eye before the beast roared heading towards him. Vis's yelling seemed to not reach he took forwards running holding his sword with one hand swiping at the wyverns wing causing it to turn its attention to him.

He didn't feel much apart from the pain in his chest, and the rapid beating of his own heart as he looked down witnessing the three long claws marks slowly leaking blood down his torso he grimaced falling to his knees watching the beast covered in wounds from both its previous fights seem to chuckle through clouds of smokes being exhaled from his mouth, letting out a breath of rotten air he winced allowing words to fall out of his mouth "Blacksmith Run!" before allowing the darkness to seep over his eyes.

kingcrasy

Character Info
The blood splattered the ground almost floating through the air around him, the smell of scorching grass filling his nostrils looking at Vis slowly collapse to the floor as the dragon mouth glowed orange preparing to finish its victim, Regi had a moment to decide if he wanted to help or run his heart beating slowly as he took a running start sliding picking up his experimental shield holding it with both hands covering the crumpled body of Viserys as the fire hit it licking around the edges. The searing pain almost made the blacksmith pass out he looked down to see a burnt hole in his shirt at the hip covered in the red bleeding wound and smelling of burnt meat.

He stood dropping the shield to the ground drawing the sword Visery's had used to wound the beast holding it out with both hands he yelled charging the beast as it opened its jaws to fire another volley of heated gas at the boy he dived slicing through its tongue, the roar that followed made his hair stand on its end as the beast's limb dropped down withering as its lost its life without the host, and without its tongue the Wyvern could no longer spark its fire letting off clouds of highly volatile gas allowing Regi enough time to swing down slicing into the beasts hard scaled neck causing it go up on its hind leg as it fought to keep the blood in as it flowed down onto the grass with it looking at Regi it collapsed breathing heavily the boy walked over taking the blade putting it to its eye he whispered "I'm so sorry this had to happen" as he slipped the blade through its skull giving it a quick death.

He had been dragging Visery's for a hour when he found the cave and slowly collapsed inside still covered in the blood of a the beast, before taking his shirt off using it to apply pressure to the Gladiators wounds simply speaking to himself as the hours go on and the makeshift fire Regi made dies out he sat talking about everything he could think of to the sleeping man "My father had a simple life but he decided to go out on adventures, he discovered Sun scorch a rare powder that could create heat and even more smelt metal" he breathed in "He died when I was 16 and I was given the forge, I was young but had big plans and started working straight away, but now I just want the power to protect people"

sircrumpet

Character Info
He awoke to the cold wall of the cave resting on his back hearing the end of the blacksmith's story he snapped open his eyes breathing heavily, "The Wyvern! What happened?" wincing in his pain holding his chest looking down at the wound, before dropping his mouth in shock hearing about how the boy protecting him with his own shield and then slaying the beast. "Impressive, that was almost brave" the gladiator teased before looking out into the entrance at the pouring rain, "I have a daughter, I guess, Her father was killed and I adopted her. She keeps me in check when no one else can so I cant let this beat me" he tried to stand wincing at the pain falling back down, "But we can leave in the morning" he chuckled.

Throwing a sword to the young man he nodded at it, "Any man should know how to protect a person, try your best" he watched the boy's techniques adding details and improvements he could add and how to practice the swings, before looking down with a grim look, "How am I meant to get off this island with three huge gashes in my chest?" this was when he spotted the open bag of Sun scorch on the ground with a grin he stared at the blacksmith enjoying the confused look drawn on their face, "How hot is that stuff?" he asked excitedly.