Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Pirate Haven of Vilpamolan > Up from Here[P,R]
Lenora Victoria

Character Info
Name: Lenora Victoria
Alignment: TN
Race: Dhampir
Class: Ex-Vampire Hunter
Silver: 0
A deep inhale the red powder shot up her nose and did its thing as she leaned back in the booth with a heavy sigh. She closed her eyes for a moment as the powder kicked in and she felt it roll through her body in a nice calming wave. After a moment the red-haired woman reached back to the table and picked up the shot glass and poured the dark liquid into her throat and set the glass down. She was sitting along and the tavern itself was not that busy currently, and she had been looking for a place to be with her thoughts.

Since Raith’s fall Lenora had been at a loss, Syn had vanished and it seemed the coven had broken up. After everything she had been through and done to get away from and destroy the Order and gain favour and a place to live within the coven, it was all gone, and she had nothing. Almost nothing, because cuddled up next to her in the booth with his head in her lap was a beagle, but not just any beagle, Zeno had black bat wings and fangs poked out from his shut mouth. He was, like Lenora, vampiric, but how a beagle came into such a state of being was a mystery and, so far, Lenora had not been open about how she came to have Zeno following her around.

She scratched behind his ears and looked down at the table, she was out of blood powder having done the last of what she had. She would have to find a way to earn some coin to get some more, but she would be damned if she was going to sell her body or turn tricks, that was beneath her. A fling now and then was fun with the right partner, but to be paid for it? No, that was not something she was willing to do.

Lenora refilled the shot glass from bottle and fired back another shot, letting the strong liquid burn down her throat. She had to find something, a place to start over again, and she didn’t want to do it alone. Since the coven had broken up Lenora had been thinking about trying her hand at forming her own coven or group, but had wanted to find a place for it to be based first. A lofty ideal to be sure, and she had been putting out feelers for information. She had come across a very interesting prospect for a location, but she only knew so much about it, and part of what she didn’t know was the exact location.

The dhampir sighed again and reached for a different bottle and drank from it, blood wine. It took a bit to get her drunk, and anyone that saw her might think she was at least a little drunk. But that was the blood powder in her system making her like that.

”What are we going to do, Zeno?” Lenora whispered outloud and scratched behind the beagle’s ears again, making his tail wag in his sleep, at least that got a grin out of her.

I just love killin' :D
Phyxica

Character Info
Name: Phyxica
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow-Vampire
Class: Earth Mage/ Toxicologist
Silver: 320
There had been rumors of a long since forgotten fort around the foot of the Ancense Mountains. It was said that the place still held onto the treasures that were long since believed to be have been plundered during the Great Raid. The only thing that stopped most people were the tall tales of the ghosts of those lost in the raid haunting its grounds and laying waste to any that attempted to breach the fort once more. There were also stories of rare flora that only grew near its walls, those that could potentially be used in potent poisons, elixirs, and potions. Out of all of them, Phyxica was more so interested in the latter. But there had been something else that’s been running through her mind as of late.

A sense of yearning started to hit her. It was a nagging feeling at first; a poke here and there that was annoying to her, but it eventually festered into something completely new. She had been a loner all her life, ever since she was been cast out of her own family and had the unfortunate run-in with a vampire that changed her life forever. Phyxica truly didn’t belong anywhere in the realm and though she often pushed it aside, these days, it was nearly unbearable.

As she slipped out of the bed and begun to dress up for the evening, she pondered if the place she had mapped out for the last week or so would provide a place that could put her fears to rest. She didn’t know what else to do aside from going there and busying herself in a flimsy attempt to suffocate these strange, foreign feelings. Slipping into a purple corset, a dark skirt, and a pair of high boots, she picked up several maps and other parchments before she headed out of the rented room and downstairs.

The small but rather curvy drow felt the dusk becoming eve, and though she could technically walk during the daylight hours, it did put a great strain on her body. On which blood to blame that on, she was unsure. Perhaps both. Her burgundy hair was free-flowing as she jolted down the last of the stairs and turned to the dining quarters. She passed by a majority of the people as she headed to a table, mainly regulars she’d became accustomed to in a brief time. However, she did sense someone that made her stop in her tracks for a moment- there was something intriguing about the scent.

She sucked at the bottom of her lip as she realized what it was- someone had vampiric blood in them. Perhaps…not fully but it was there. But wait…no, not just one. Two. She turned her gaze over to a woman and her canine companion sitting by themselves. Phyxica looked upon them for perhaps a little too long, mainly due to shock as she wasn’t expecting to run into more nightly creatures, not that she minded. In fact, she was curious to see what they were up to. So much that she had nearly ignored her free hand was placed along her collarbone, where her sire’s fangs had taken her.

She seemed to be contemplating something herself and while the drow would simply go on her merry way, her odd curiosity drove her feet, which in turn drove her over to their booth. Her social skills were awkward at best, but she did her best to forge a smile at her as she approached. When she reached the other woman, she instantly smelled something funny, but couldn’t put a finger on it. “Having some trouble this eve?”

Lenora Victoria

Character Info
It was Zeno who perked up first as the woman approached the pair, the beagle’s movement caught Lenora’s attention and she looked to her companion before following his gaze to the woman who had approached them. The beagle’s tall wagged as his wings shifted as the slightly purple-ish tinged skinned woman spoke up. In her current state Lenora managed a smile. ”This eve, and last eve, and probably next one.” Her smiled turned a little wicked grin looking as her blurted. ”But, as long as you I can look at you it’ll be a better eve.” After a moment’s breath Lenora’s eyed widened for a second and she blinked. ”Ah, sorry, I kinda let that blurt out.” She apologized, but she didn’t withdraw her statement.

”Can I buy you a drink?” She asked, the hell with it, why not ask? What else did the wayward dhampir have to lose at this point? ”Name’s Lenora, this is Zeno.” The dog gave a doggy grin and that really exposed his elongated fangs, just the two, the same two that most vampires would have. He seemed to be about to give a greeting bark, but Lenora’s hand snapped out and she clamped his maw with two fingers. ”Ah ah, barking, we got in trouble for that once already, remember?” She released him and he licked her fingers as he laid back down and rested his chin on her leg again. ”Good boy.” She smiled and pet his head and looked back to her potential guest. ”Tell you what; if you’ll listen to tale of woe, I’ll listen to one of yours if you want, maybe we can trade a sob story to two and have someone to share in our sorrow?” She motioned to one of the barmaids for a another glass and pointed to the bottle of blood wine for another of those to. ”You like blood wine?” Lenora asked, having no issue letting the woman know that she knew that she was a vampire, then again, in Lenora’s estimation this woman could probably smell her own dhampir blood, and Zeno’s.

Phyxica

Character Info
Cryptic words, but it wasn't unlike Phyxica's nights had gone any better. There had been times where she missed the sun's kisses on her skin instead of the intense burning sensations. Even as a drow, most would have found it taboo due to most of them being cavern dwellers. Among other things though, she simply didn't mind them and at most were inconveniences. At least she wouldn't have to be worried about being turned away as the other woman seemed receptive to her arrival. Phyxica was used to being a lone wolf long into her adulthood, partly by choice. But she could use the companionship, if but briefly. If she could still manage to, she would have blushed in addition to the sudden shocked look on her face. No one had ever said something like that to her before, at least not without seeking something from her in return. Normally she would have rolled her eyes and ignored the comment, but she felt that she was in far better company than most times. 

"It's fine", she said, attempting to play it off and took to sit opposite of her. "Certainly. Whatever you recommend." The canine caught her attention again; a cute little thing but she was more intrigued on how it had been turned. There were tales, few and far, about animals being turned into vampiric beings, but she had thought of them just being rumors. She watched the friendly dog get excited before his owner quelled him down. Her eyes then fell back onto the lady. "Won't it be strange to confide into a stranger, such as myself?" In truth, she didn't mind, but it seemed like she was a bit intoxicated. Perhaps it had to do with why she seemed troubled. Phyxica also knew it meant that she would have to confide in her in return. Her story had been at the edge of her mind, kept at a distance ever since that fateful night. "I partake in it every now and then", she smiled.  

"I suppose that it's only fair to hear you out since you are being far too kind, miss…But if I'm to hear your story and give you mine, it's only natural that we don't remain strangers then. I'm Phyxica." 

Lenora Victoria

Character Info
”Maybe, but maybe by the end of this night we won’t be strangers anymore?” Lenora replied with a grin as she got another glass brought over and a fresh bottle of wine and she poured two glasses and pushed the second to her new friend. ”A pleasure, Phyxica.” Lenora smiled and sipped her wine, she dipped a finger in it and held it so that Zeno could lick it off her finger. ”You go back to your nap, ok?” She smiled and petted his head, it was very clear that she loved the pup dearly as he settled back in again for a nap with his head on her lap.

Looking back to Phyxica Lenora leaned back in her seat as she started to speak. ”I once belonged to an order of vampire hunters, you may have heard of them, the Order of the Four.” The look on Phyxica’s face was enough for Lenora to know that she had heard of them. ”Good, that saves me a bit of explaining, but before you get the idea that I am here to kill you, remember that I said I was ‘once’ with them.” She grinned and took a sip of wine before she continued. ”Well, not too long ago I found out that they had been lying to me my whole life. Long story short, they lied about who my parents were, told me my vampire father raped my pregnant mother. When, in reality, my mother was the vampire and she and my human father were very much in love, I have his old journals to prove it. The Order killed them, after they kept them alive long enough for me to be born, then they raised me to use me to hunt and kill your kind.” She grinned and sipped her wine again.

”So I broke away from the Order and joined with a vampire named Syn who had created a Coven under Raith when he was a God. They helped me wipe the Order from the world one night, slaughtered them all and took my time with the leader, nice and slow, the son of the man who had been leader when I was born. She sighed. ”Things were going well, until Raith fell, the Coven broke apart accordingly and I’ve lost contact with Syn.” She sipped her wine more, and then again before she continued. ”So, now I’m alone, aside from Zeno. I’ve been alive nearly a hundred years and now, for the first time, I am truly alone in the world, I have no… goal in life anymore.” She finished the wine and poured herself some more, offering to top up Phyxica’s glass if she wanted. ”So, then, Phyxica, what is you tale of woe?”

Phyxica

Character Info
Phyxica wasn’t the sort that was unfamiliar with flirtation. For every coin, she would have gained from every gesture or sweet word whispered, she would have been rich enough to buy a small country. However, Lenora was different from the riffraff that she commonly had to endure. At least she had her wits about her, though there was something up that she couldn’t put her finger on. But she released the brief thought and instead focused on accepting the gracious drink offered up. She felt at least more comfortable about the situation now and as she listened up, she blinked when a particular order was mentioned. There were plenty of groups that wanted to see vampires and other nightly creatures dead, and among them, there had been tales of the Four that crossed her path quite a few times. She gave Lenora a slight nod and let her continue on as she sipped at the wine.

It was by mere fortunate that she never really had to deal with being hunted- often enough times, she would avoid going to the cities and venture out mainly into the wilderness for her research and to find animals to feed off of. “Tragic, a cruel hand of irony”, she said softly. The tale turned to one of vengeance for her new friend, and yet, the ending left her unfulfilled. It left her without purpose now, and Phyxica supposed that left her with plenty of time to think- which to some could feel like a death sentence. She drank a good of wine and mulled it off before it was her turn to share.

“My tale is an odd one itself. I was born in Kurayo, to a lesser house. One that is now extinct due to the warring behind the scenes. My own family specialized in toxins from flora and there were abundant of them throughout the isle. Unfortunately, a rival vampire family feuded over its resources with us and one night, they broke the code that the council had bestowed on us. We did fight back, but the numbers were in their favor. One of their brats decided to spare me and make me his plaything. I dealt with it for the first few nights until I grasped my situation and I poisoned the fool.” It would be hard to believe that the undead could be subjected to toxins, but if anyone knew what could do them in, it would be her. “Before they noticed, I slipped out and headed for the mainland. The weeks took its toll and I took in a few of the sailors, enough of them to keep the ship working anyway. Before long, I took residence in Nisshoki and perfected my work there. There are many buyers for the wares I have. I came here to seek out new plants up in the mountains nearby but I have to admit…that life’s become dull in recent years. I am very young for a drow, but I can recognize when I’m just going through the motions. I have never been in a clan or anything, always been by myself, but there’s a feeling inside me…I don’t know how to explain it.” She brought her glass over for Lenora to pour some more wine into. Maybe she felt like she did- a crushing feeling of loneliness, but why of all times now?

“So you no longer hunt, Lenora? Perhaps you could use such talents elsewhere?”, she suggested. “It’d be a waste to let your skills falter.” Hell, she was glad that she decided not to hunt her- Phyxica wasn’t a fighter by any definition.

Lenora Victoria

Character Info
So Phyxica had been born into a noble vampiric family then? Lenora leaned back in her seat and sipped her drink while her new friend told her tale of how her family had been wiped out. But she had been kept as a plaything, terrible, but Lenora was happy to hear that that monster of a man was dead by her hands. Poisoned no less, terrible way to go, usually slow and painful, even for the undead. Lenore did not normally dabble in poisons, but she had used them a few times in her past and the results never disappointed, death was certain.

When Phyxica neared the end of her story the words she said made Lenora sit up a bit more. She had a feeling inside that she did not know how to explain, and Lenora was thinking she knew what that feeling was. Lenore poured them more wine and leaned back again, patting Zeno’s head as he napped. ”Phyxica, I think we can help each other, I think Fate has seen to it that we meet this night.” Lenora smiled, fangs showing as she leaned forward on the table. ”I have been mulling over the idea of starting my coven, but I have no idea how to go about it. I feel alone now, like I said, I have no one but Zeno now, and you, you said yourself you’ve always been by yourself. Perhaps now, we have each other?” Lenora grinned.

”Fuck it, I’ll be fully honest with you. I have been looking for a location to start up a coven, because I felt like I needed to and it was a goal I could actually work on. I have managed to hear rumours of an old castle, Salkire Castle if the name I heard was correct. I’m closing on finding it, I think.” She shrugged. ”It’s partly why I’m here to, figured I could find out more about the place. Work with me? Help me find the castle, and can start our own coven together. What do you say?” She smiled wide again. Normally Lenora would be a little more protective of her information, but she had a good feeling about Phyxica and their potential future together, and, of course, the blood powder was not helping.

Phyxica

Character Info
The tale she revealed hadn’t ever been heard by another’s ears before Lenora. Phyxica kept those dark secrets close to her being ever since her life was twisted about and she had to start all over again. She could understand plenty of what Lenora was going through with her own struggles. Some would say that they were two sides of the same coin; such a thought caused her a laugh a little. She couldn’t remember the last time she felt humor. It was short lived once her companion came up with some sort of idea. The drow didn’t quite know what she was aiming for, but she was all ears at the moment. “I suppose that you might be right. There’s worse ways of passing the time”, she smiled. Her usual overcautious attitude was fading fast the longer than she hung around Lenora.

Taking a few more sips, she eyed her and mulled over the thought of starting a coven. It was an ambitious idea for sure. It seemed rather strange that she would want to go into business with someone she just met. But then she mentioned a certain castle and for the life of her, Phyxica couldn’t think of why that name sounded familiar. “I’m surprised that such one exist and wasn’t taken in by Adeluna…but we can find it…then…” She hesitated for a moment as she thought it over. “Okay, if you trust me enough, then I can’t refuse an opportunity like that.”

She unrolled one of her maps she brought down from her room and sprawled it out onto the table. “I had planned on heading to the base of the mountains nearby in search of more plants to use for my recipes. But if you are narrowing your search to around these parts, we should be able to find it in the coming days hopefully.” She locked eyes with her briefly, a feeling was slowly coming over her. One that she hadn’t felt in a long time- hopeful. Hopeful that this turned out alright and that this wasn’t some trick to lure her into a web.

“How long have you been searching for this castle?”

Lenora Victoria

Character Info
Lenora smiled as Phyxica started to come around to the idea of starting a coven together. Lenora had a great feeling about this whole things already, she really believed that between the two of them they could start up something that could span ages. Perhaps she was being overly optimistic, but it was all she had at the moment anyway, the only things at the moment to look forward to. Zeno seemed to pick up on Lenora’s excitement as opened his eyes and sat up enough to lean forward and plop his head on the table and look to Phyxica with those big beagle puppy eyes.

Lenora made room for the map that Phyxica brought out, interesting. She had been out this way to head to the mountains to look for plants to use and suggested to look in those locations for where it might be. ”About three weeks now I think, started out in Adeluna, that took me all the way to Yovaesh and that brought me here. Rumour says the place is also haunted, but, I’ve also heard that some group has occupied the place and are keeping the rumours of it being haunted going to keep people away.” She grinned. ”But, that’s all I know, I don’t know the exact location just a general ‘it’s in these mountains’ but that’s like finding a needle in a damn hay stack.”

The dhampir reached over and poured them each another glass of wine, or at least topped off Phyxica’s. With a wicked little smile she looked to Phyxica and held her glass up. ”To a budding new friendship and a chance at something amazing?”

Phyxica

Character Info
Phyxica leaned in forward towards the map, her eyes laying about the particular section of it where Lenora had been searching about. As far as the mountains were concerned, the castle could have resided anywhere between the Ancense and Voles mountains. It was no wonder that her search took this long and still wield no results. She was momentarily distracted by the waking Zeno who she flashed a small yet warm smile towards. “It is possible that it built where it could possibly have natural defenses, like a fortress as well as a good hiding spot to deter foes back then. But something that massive has to be built on solid grounds somewhere there. Perhaps close to the base or even a valley.” Her mind was hyperfocused on this idea, long since forgotten about her own search for flora there at this point.

“If that’s the case, then it means that this group, whoever they are, has to have a way to get resources. Mountains are difficult to trek, let alone find people to rob. There has to be some route they prey on or at least, they send someone to go get supplies from a city or town nearby.” The haunted part sounded like something people would make up to make certain no one trespassed. She hardly believed such things and would have scuffed at it. But she was in good company and far too good of a mood to be sour.

“Zhlaass, ssin'urn. Udos zhal ragar l'jyzumar lu'phlyle udossta k'lar”, she spoke in a soothing tone at Lenora before smiling. “We will find and claim our stake. It might be a while, but the best things are never rushed in at first.” She took hold of the glass that she so kindly topped and she clinked it with Lenora’s. “Indeed, to the start of a beautiful kinship and shared dreams.” She drank her fill, and aside from feeling the start of the effects of the alcohol behind the lovely drink, Phyxica felt rather great.

“If we need to keep this between us, I’d suggest that we sneak back into my room. Never know who might be listening in on our excitement.”